Friday, August 3, 2007

Hidden Books of the Bible Answers

It's been a couple of weeks since I posted the Books of the Bible game. I didn't hear from anyone, so I'm not so sure that it went over all that well. However, I wanted to post the solution, just as I promised I would. The Bible books are in bold print. Happy Sabbath all!

There are 30 books of the Bible in this paragraph. Can you find them? This is a most remarkable puzzle. It was found by a gentleman in an airplane seat pocket, on a flight from Los Angeles to Honolulu, keeping him occupied for hours. He enjoyed it so much, he passed it on to some friends...One friend from Illinois worked on this while fishing from his john boat. Another friend studied it while playing his banjo, Elaine Taylor, a columnist friend, was so intrigued by it she mentioned it in her weekly newspaper column. Another friend judges the job of solving this puzzle so involving, she brews a cup of tea to help her nerves. There will be some names that are really easy to spot. That's a fact. Some people, however, will soon find themselves in a jam, especially since the book names are not necessarily capitalized. Truthfully, from answers we get, we are forced to admit it usually takes a minister or a scholar to see some of them at the worst. Research has shown that something in our genes is responsible for the difficulty we have in seeing the books in this paragraph. During a recent fund raising event, which featured this puzzle, the Alpha Delta Phi lemonade booth set a new record. The local paper, The Chronicle, surveyed over 200 patrons who reported that this puzzle was one of the most difficult they had ever seen. As Daniel Humana humbly puts it, "The books are all right here in plain view hidden from sight." Those able to find all of them will hear great lamentations from those who have to be shown. One revelation that may help is that books like Timothy and Samuel may occur without their numbers. Also, keep in mind, that punctuation and spaces in the middle are normal. A chipper attitude will help you compete really well against those who claim to know the answers. Remember, there is no need for a mad exodus, there really are 30 books of the Bible lurking somewhere in this paragraph waiting to be found. God Bless.

Note: Osee is a variant spelling of Hosea.

4 comments:

VJ said...

I'm sorry I didn't post a comment. I did print off this riddle and found it very difficult. Of course there were some very obvious ones, and a few that were thinly veiled, but others, well, I finally had to cheat by finding the answers on line.

Debbie Ann said...

Hi vj! Yes, when we first played, my hubby & I found it very difficult as well. However, he did sooo much better than I, and wouldn't even help me out, the stinker! I did the same as you... I went on-line to find the answers. :) Thanks for playing- I hope you enjoyed it.

Shereen said...

Debbie, like you and your beloved, my beloved did a lot better than I did. We first saw this about 11 or 12 years ago. It was nice to do it again. Thanks.

Debbie Ann said...

Shereen!!! :)
It's been so long since I've heard from you! Thanks for stopping by and letting me know that you still visit from time to time. Come back soon. God bless you!

Backwoods Home Magazine - practical ideas for self-reliant living
TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey
*Notice*
The graphics that are used on this blog are not mine.
So please, be so kind as to visit the artists sites and please abide
by their "TERMS OF USE". If you find any graphics that
haven't been given proper credit or anything else that needs
mended, please e-mail me so I can act promptly. I admire the artists
and their talent so I want to give the proper credit where it's due!
~Thanks very much~