Thursday, June 28, 2007

Today is a special day!

It's almost hard to believe that it's been so long, but twenty years ago today, I married my best friend. I love him more now than the day I married him!


God blessed me in a tremendous way when he brought my husband into my life and I believe that the He chose him specifically for me. My husband is a strong spiritual leader in our home; he is always striving to gain more knowledge and endeavors continually to be a better man.

He is kind and compassionate; he generously gives of his time, often setting aside his own needs when others call.

On this day I want to honor him as well as thank him for the love he's shown me. I want him to know that I see the sacrifices he has made to keep me at the top of his list, second only to the Lord.

My dear husband-- I will always adore and love you right down to your very core. I thank the Father above for giving me a man who is faithful, honest and true. I'm so very blessed to have you!
On our wedding day, I surprised you by playing a song that reflected exactly the way I felt. That song still voices my feelings today and I want to replay it for you here.

Get your own playlist at snapdrive.net!

I asked the Lord for someone,
and I always knew
that in God's time and in God's way
it would be someone like you.
All my hopes and all my dreams
were suddenly fulfilled
It's almost unbelievable
our love is in his will.

Only God could love you more,
for he gave me this love I have for you.
What a blessing to know He's your Lord,
For only God could love you more, than I do.

I'm tempted to be saying ,
that we met by chance
But God was there at every turn,
In every circumstance
To share this life God gave me
seems such a fearful task,
But every moment we have shared
is more than I could ask

Only God could love you more,
for he gave me this love I have for you.
what a blessing to know He's your Lord,
For only God could love you more, than I do.


SHMILY!


~Audio made possible by my son, Joshua. Thanks a bunch Josh!! :-D

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes... ICHMYLM, every day. It just can't be twenty years... no way no how.

ILU2

Anonymous said...

You are blessed. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Love,
Your Sis

Anonymous said...

ICHMULM, every day. I have never had any doubts that we are a match made in heaven! SHMILY2

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post! I wish you a very happy anniversary!

La Tea Dah said...

Happy, happy anniversary! You have been most blessed by a wonderful marriage. Here's wishing you many, many more AWESOME years together! I love the song --- thanks for sharing the audio (and thank Josh too!).

Love,
LaTeaDah

Lore said...

Happy Anniversary, the song is so beautiful, may God keep blessing you!!!
Lore

Not the Waltons said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the post, I am sure that your husband is very blessed by you!

Thank you for the lovely comments on my blog, I have visited yours from time to time and have always enjoyed! (just need more time to comment now! lol)

Many blessings to you and yours!

Lisa said...

Happy belated Anniversary to you and your husband!! :o)

sweetscentsandmakeup said...

Congratulations! What a lovely post!

Unknown said...

I know its late but Happy Anniversary and Happy 4th of July!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Happy Anniversary

Andrea

Anonymous said...

Belated Anniversary blessings to you. What a beautiful post and and beautiful wedding photo. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Come by any time. I tend to be either "mushy" and sentimental, or downright silly as I laugh at myself and the situations that seem to always find me.
Blessings,
~Toni~

Backwoods Home Magazine - practical ideas for self-reliant living
TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey
*Notice*
The graphics that are used on this blog are not mine.
So please, be so kind as to visit the artists sites and please abide
by their "TERMS OF USE". If you find any graphics that
haven't been given proper credit or anything else that needs
mended, please e-mail me so I can act promptly. I admire the artists
and their talent so I want to give the proper credit where it's due!
~Thanks very much~